The purpose of this policy is to give you a better understanding of:
- What information we collect;
- Why and how we use that information;
- How this information is shared;
- Your rights; and
- Other useful privacy and security related matters.
This policy applies to the website we operate, our use of e-mails and for marketing purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting information.
This policy only applies to personal information we hold about individuals. As defined in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation “ ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Significant changes to this policy will be communicated to you. We may post the updated notice on our website and/or send you the notice by e-mail.
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to Metrovets Limited. In this policy whenever you see the words (‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’) it refers to Metrovets Limited, 381 West Farm Avenue, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8UT.
Information we collect
Personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, name, e-mail address, postal address, phone numbers, financial information including bank account details. This information is collected as part of our engagement with clients, specifically as part of the account setup process but also during day to day engagement with you via e-mail, phone, meetings and through the completion of forms on our website.
In addition, when using the Metrovets website, we collect information about how you use our website and which websites you came to Metrovets from. Whilst on our website we will collect technical information for example your IP address, browser type etc.
Why and how we use the information we collect
Our policy is to collect only the personal data necessary for agreed purposes and we ask our clients only to share personal data where it is strictly needed for those purposes.
- Administering and servicing clients - We collect and use contact details for our clients in order to manage and maintain our relationship with those individuals. It is necessary for us to have this information in order to form a contract with you for the services we provide.
- Invoicing and payment processing - We use your personal information in order to provide monthly invoices for the services provided. We in addition, use your bank account information in order to process direct debit payments.
- Communicating other services and products we offer to you - We use your personal information to contact you to advise you of other products and services we offer. On all communications of this type we will give you an option to opt out on all communications sent, or you can opt out of receiving this type of communication at anytime by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- Regulatory Compliance - We may use your personal and financial information to enable us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Website and portal usage and monitoring - We may use your online technical information to administer and protect our website (including data analysis, system maintenance and support). This is necessary for our legitimate interests of running Metrovets and security.
We may share your information for any of the purposes set out above with strategic partners who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, certification or accreditation.
We may disclose your information to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data for legal or regulatory purposes, in relation to existing or future legal proceedings, for the prevention of fraud/loss or to protect the rights, property, safety of Metrovets and our customers or others.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights. You have the right to:
- Request copies of your data
- Request amendment of your data
- Request deletion of your data
- Restrict or Object to our processing of your personal data
- Request a Subject Access request
Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
We hope you will never need to make a complaint, but if you wish to make any complaint, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the details of your complaint.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). To make a complaint to the ICO or for more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act please contact the ICO www.ico.org.
Other useful privacy & data security related matters
- Retention We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation). In the absence of specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, our baseline retention period for records is 7 years. When we no longer require the data we will dispose of it securely.
- Security Metrovets recognise that online security and data protection is an area of significant importance for our clients, and we take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. We have security procedures and policies in place in order to keep the data we hold secure. For more information as regards to the security procedures and policies in place please e-mail [email protected] As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection.